WHAT ARE WE LEARNING ABOUT?
In English this half term, Year 4 are looking at the following:
- Writing their very own character descriptions!
- Reading and Discussing the story of the 'Ice Monster'.
- Writing an explanation text about the Professor's brand new invention!
The grammar features we will focus on this half term will be:
- Fronted Adverbials
In Maths, Year 4 will be looking at the following aspects:
- Shapes (Position and Angles)
- Formal Multiplication
- Formal Division
We will be completing a range of Problem-Solving and Reasoning activities throughout each aspect!
In Topic this half term, Year 4 will be studying all States of Matter!
Although this is a Science Focus, we will link it to our English Topic!
Our main question is 'Can we help the Ice Monster Return Home?'
This main question will be broken down into several weekly sub questions:
- Where is the Ice Monster from?
- Can we turn our classroom into the North Pole?
- What supplies should we bring on our trip?
- How will we travel to the North Pole?
- What weather might we encounter? (The Water Cycle)
- Can we finally get him home?