WHAT ARE WE LEARNING ABOUT?
Me, Myself and I!
As we start a new school year and welcome some children back to school, new children starting Nursery and new families to Fairway school. Our primary focus will be on settling and getting to know each other but also
getting to know our Nursery environment; the activities, expectations and routines.
As a school we will be celebrating Roald Dahl Day. Each class will focus on one of Roald Dahl's books so for Nursery this will be the Enormous Crocodile!
The focus for teaching and learning will continue to be in the Prime Areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum which are Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Communication and Language and Physical Development.
|PERSONAL, SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT (PSE)|
|COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE|
- Listening, Attention and Understanding - enjoy listening to stories about home, nursery, family and friends
- begin to join in with familiar rhymes and songs
- understand a simple i-step instruction eg sit down, get your coat
-begin to communicate needs
-express when something significant has happened
- begin to use simple sentences
-run avoiding obstacles
-move on various large equipment eg balance on blocks, tricycles
-use large muscle movements to wave flags, streamers, paint, make marks
- to explore the use of one-handed tools eg pens, scissors, forks, spoons,
-become confident in dressing/undressing ie put on and take off a coat