WHAT ARE WE LEARNING ABOUT?
Summer 1: All Creatures Great and Small
The start of our final term in Nursery will start with a reflection of the celebrations many people will have enjoyed recently since Easter weekend has just passed and the Muslim celebration of Eid-ul-Fitr occurs during this week, marking the end of Ramadan.
We will then enjoy learning about caterpillars by observing living caterpillars grow in the Nursery and by enhancing our outdoor area to become a place for small insects to grow and flourish. Children will learn about about what they will need in terms of food and shelter by growing flowers and plants and creating special places for them to live.
Towards the end of this term we will begin to learn a little about our country's monarchy with the build up to celebrating Her Majesty, The Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations!
The focus for teaching and learning will continue to be in the Prime Areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum which are Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Communication and Language and Physical Development.
|PERSONAL, SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT (PSE)|
|COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE|
- Listening, Attention and Understanding - listen to simple stories and understand what is happening
- Understand simple questions about who? what? where? and why?
-begin to hear and say initial phonemes in words
- begin to identify syllables in words by counting and clapping
-begin to hear and orally say some sounds in short words.
- using a wider range of vocabulary
- to speak in longer sentences (4/6 words)
- to develop communication but may have problems with plural, tenses and multisyllabic words
- start a conversation and continue it by taking turns
-use talk to organise themselves in play
-run avoiding obstacles and other children
- to use large muscle movement to wave ribbon, paint and make marks
-move on various large equipment eg balance on blocks, tricycles
-to begin to respond to music and rhythm with movement
- decide to move according to the task eg climb, crawl, walk or run
- to use a comfortable grip with good control when holding pens and pencils
-use one-handed tools and equipment for example cutting with scissors